Pages

Wednesday, June 15

best beach reads

with my 4th of july beach trip coming up i've got to get all my summer reading in order. i've been researching the top rated beach books for 2011 (not all published in 2011) as well as some more serious reads and would love to hear comments back as well! my list below is as follows!


-The Art of Racing in the Rain by George Stein
-The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
-Bossypants by Tina Fey
-Two Kisses for Maddy by Matt Logelin


other classics i have on my shelf to borrow are...
-Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
-The Help by Kathryn Stockett


any other worthy suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. The Help is absolutely fantastic. It's great to see a different side of the Gone with the Wind south. I would definitely read it. It's not too heavy for the beach, but still a solid read to mix in there with "Chic" books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Racing in the Rain is great! I think Jean has it so you should borrow from her! The Help and Safe Haven are also good picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's caro... since you are asking for more loyal blog readers and I am working from home today... :)

    - Racing in the Rain = FABULOUS
    - The Help = MUST READ
    - The Memory Keeper's Daughter-- eh, I was not a fan, but lots of people love it!

    ReplyDelete