- have no other gods before me...have no other gods or idols or even priorities other than praising and make that a daily priority and the person you turn to
- worship no idols...don't worship physical or worldly things
- dont use the Lord's name in vain...don't use profanity but equally important dont use the Lord or being a Christian as an excuse for anything or passing the blame
- reserve the sabbath & keep holy...do not have endless work and productivity--make a point to keep some time holy even if its not a whole day
- don't bear false witness...this includes embellishing, lying, filling in the blanks in stories, gossiping, etc
- honor your mother and father...and all elders & all other mothers and fathers and respect differences
- don't steal...ideas, things, peoples thunder, the spotlight, or anything that isn't your own
- don't commit adultery...this one is pretty clear without much dilly dallying...includes emotional and mental thoughts that should be shared for your husband/wife
- don't covet anything of your neighbors...it all creates jealously and envy, measuring yourself against others haves and have nots...be content with what you have been blessed with
- don't murder...not just people & animals but also the spirit and well-being of others
one thing that i found the most compelling and probably the most unforgettable...is that an elder in our church says you only need to follow two of the 10 commandments and you'll by reaction follow the rest of the commandments...
the magical two are...
**"Remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy" Exodus 20:8
**"You shall not covet your neighbors house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor." Exodus 20:17
did i mention i love wednesday nights @ PRUMC!