Pages

Sunday, October 17

roth

one of my [secret] favorite things to do is writing.  go in our basement and you will find a box of seven white binders (lindsay you still have yours) that contains one of my prized possessions that im fairly sure even joe has no clue exists.  roth is still sitting and waiting [haunting me] hoping for me to come and pick it back up. i still can remember when i said, i will finish this before i turn 21, i will finish this before i move to atlanta, i will finish this before i get married...none of which have actually gone through. maybe i haven't been on a long enough airplane ride to really get my mind going lately...


so its all there in 200 typed pages of the roughest draft i think anyone could construe and now i wish i had a friend who was an editor and would do me a huge favor by getting out a bright red pen and tear it to pieces and drawing big question marks and circles saying this makes no sense.


maybe now i'm going to really put my foot down...two choices are in front of me, either you finish it or forget about it...if you're going to finish it, you'll do so before you get that puppy! or maybe it will take a puppy to inspire me some more...


its the one thing i can't get off my legal pad to-do list...ill go ahead and say, im not going to survive my 20 somethings without finishing roth...as for realistic deadlines i'll shoot for 30. surviving the start of my 20s did however start in a jail cell of a room, half way across the world, crammed on the most uncomfortable bed ever with your 5 best friends in front of the sorriest excuse of a honeywell with a box of tissues and chomping teeth...boy oh boy has dr. edwards come a long way from australia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment