another great option that involves chicken and pasta...this is a great twist on the typical pasta/chicken meal. i sauteed some chicken breasts in a pan and lightly breaded them with panko bread crumbs and garlic. soooo yummy! make the chicken the way you want and put on top of the pasta recipe below!
what you need...
- 1 (12-oz.) package wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon jarred chicken soup base
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 to 8 green onions, sliced
- 6oz feta cheese (as always, i use trader joe's fat free feta)
- 8-oz. container sour cream (light please!)
what to do...Prepare noodles according to package directions, adding chicken soup base and oil to water. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add onions, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir in feta cheese, stirring constantly until cheese is melted. Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream until blended and smooth. Toss together cheese sauce and hot cooked egg noodles. Add seasoned pepper to taste.